I changed the layout... AGAIN. this time its I.E. friendly too ;)
And for the first time, PurplePassion has a purple background! Ironic that the first 10 layouts of a blog named PURPLEpassion were not even purple. But yeah... I guess for me, it doesn't really matter what colour the layout is. It just so happens that my favourite colour is purple.
Heh.
I just made you read a whole paragraph of fwap..
So where have I been?
Well, to quote the Goo Goo Dolls' 'Iris'...
"And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand"
Here's the truth. I've been offline this past week, missed THE BALL, the FAB annual concert, the chance to perform in China and several outings simply because I've had an operation. Cosmetic surgery. On my face. To elongate my lower jaw so that my teeth will align. And to give me a chin.
Now i know how much my face is worth!! Its at least 3.5K...
"When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am"
Titanium plates and screws. Chin implant. Bring on the pain.
"And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive"
So... i owe some people an apology. After nagging em for days to come for the ball and making ppl all hyped up, I myself didn't make it. I was admitted on the 30th of June. Same night as the ball, sadly.
I'm really grateful for the people who filled me in and posted all those pictures on facebook.. In some way, I felt like I hadn't missed the ball afterall.
But then again there's nothing like being there in person.
So what has this week been like?
Tiring... exhilirating. PAINFUL.
The op was really nothing. Its the recovery that's hell. It breaks you down until there's nothing left... at times, I'd cry myself to sleep, wondering why I did it.
Post-op...
So why did I do it?
It runs much deeper than just 'for functional reasons'. To spill everything out here would be overkilli; I might as well invite my parents to read this blog kan? XD In short, I owed this to myself.
So was everything worth it?
I'll have to see... My face changes everyday... it'll only completely heal in 6months. Right now, its a little sore and EXTREMELY ticklish and tingly, because during the op, several nerves get stretched and injured. I have no feeling in my chin right now... So if i was drooling, I really wouldn't know :P In fact, this last few days have made me appreciate food even more!! Eating porridge that has to be blended before you can down it everyday takes its toll on you. The upside is that I can have as much ice cream as i want. Like seriously, no limit. Of course, too much of a good thing is a bad thing, no?
So what made me decide to blog all this?
Well, initially... this whole thing was my big secret. As i said,
"I don't think that they'd understand".
However, thinking about it, I don't think it needs to remain a secret anymore. Sue Anne's seen to that ;) JK, sayang. Even my brother's friends know about it... seeing as my op and recovery period is cutting into his social life, he felt he needed to tell all of em what's going on in the Mahadaven household. pfft.
I feel like Dracula. Nocturnal. And I go to sleep with the taste of fresh blood in my mouth every night only to wake up in a pool of dried blood. BUHLUUUHHHHHD!!!
There's a bunch of people I want to specially mention for pulling me through this past crazy week.. For all your messages, and making me feel loved unconditionally, Ellie; Fuzzy; Tana; Wei Yan, my Mr Cool; Val, monkey extraordinaire; and Li Nar, my Pooh Bear... You guys rock!! You mean the world to me.
And my mom too. Without my mom, none of this would have been possible. She really pushed me through it... having to suffer sleeping in a hard hospital chair by my bedside those first three nights. and having to fight with me over my medication.[ I HATE AUGMENTIN GAHHHHH!!! ] and helping me clean up when i vomitted and was too tired to even lift myself out of it. and for tirelessly feeding me using a syringe poked through the small gap in my teeth. And for resisting the urge to slap me when i was being difficult. Because i was. Very difficult.
Oh and thank you to all those people who wanted to visit me in hospital [and shove tiramisu down my tubes ;) ], who kept my secret and who prayed for me. Thank you so very much.
Really, if there is one thing the whole experience has taught me, its that now i know I'm surrounded by people who genuinely care.
So there it is. If you want to go get 'Extreme Makeover'-ed, let me know. I'll fill you in on the details. See if you really know what you're into.
I AM GOING TO BE PROUD THAT I'VE HAD PLASTIC SURGERY I'M NOT A HOOKER THANK YOU VERY MUCH :D
"When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am"
No comments:
Post a Comment