When was the last time you thought of me?
Or have you completely erased me from your memory?
I often think about where I went wrong,
The more I do, the less I know
I'd heard of Adele before... Hometown Glory was one of those songs I could listen to on repeat and not get sick of it, but that being said, it wasn't a song that made me think.. "wow! this song is amazing!". It was more of easy listening. However, recently Zhong recommended that I check out her album, '21'. Normally I'd take his recommendations for anything (food, music, books, OFFICE ATTIRE *ahem*) but this time I was a bit apprehensive, considering he told me that Adele wrote the whole album about her break-up and I really wasn't in the mood to rehash the past and honestly, the whole idea made me uncomfortable... How do you get over something when it keeps popping up in your head and in your life?
Anyway, I decided to listen to her stuff, concentrating on her singing style rather than the lyrics, but it was tough... the lyrics can't be ignored. After listening to 4 songs in succession (ending with the one I've posted above), I had to stop. I can't keep thinking about this... It's been 1.5 years, and I still think about it every day... sometimes multiple times a day, but definitely every night... just before falling mercifully asleep. I wish I could find a way to stop... but I guess only time can heal :) In this time, I'll definitely be staying away from Adele :p
2 comments:
Gawd, I so feel you. I just recently got her album and it's just... wow. And well, I didn't get a warning about the whole album being about her break-up soo... Yea.
And yes, time heals sweetie. Slowly but surely. It's always hardest with the first.
I KNOW RIGHT! D: She's so brave to sing that whole album and put her feelings out like that... I can't even write a proper blog post lol!
Hehe... but still, by any standard, 1.5yrs is a little long to be moping over something that lasted less than 2 months.. anyway, will hang in there... at least the pain is gone :)
Post a Comment