I've had a fear of going down staircases ever since I fell down the stairs at school when I was 11. I was skipping and slipped on the slippery plastic buffers on the edge of the cement stairs. My spine hit the cement and I experienced temporary paralysis.. For a few seconds I couldn't move.. and for a couple of minutes, I couldn't TALK. In my mind I was screaming for my friends to turn around and notice, but the words just wouldn't come out. 2 minutes may not seem like a long time, but in that moment of panic, it stretched for ages, and I've not forgotten how scared I was.
As a result, I never run down stairs or god forbid, escalators! I hate it when people run/skip/hop next to me too... What if they fell down and cracked their skull? What if they grabbed me to stabilize themselves and pulled (OR PUSHED) me down too?!! =\ The stuff of nightmares!
BUT TODAY, I had no choice but to hustle down the 16 flights of stairs in the library and then another 8 flights of stairs to reach lower campus where my lecture was... I wouldn't call it running, but I did rush, and most importantly DID NOT FALL DOWN. Accomplishment of the day... WHADDUP?!
***
BTW,

WHY do people spam blog comment boxes??? Seriously, what is the point? Especially for a blog with such a low hit rate =\
2 comments:
I fell on my spine during hurdling training when I was 12 and I couldn't speak for a minute or two as well.
Shock of my life! I could never bring myself to hurdle after that. Phobia. :(
Eeps! =\ I feel ya!
Post a Comment