Tuesday, November 08, 2011

The Boy I will Marry.

It's kinda funny that I am typing this post on a day filled with lesbianism.

This afternoon, I missed a train by 2 minutes, so I had to wait for the next one. In the 15 minutes wait for the next one, I was chatted up. You need to understand that these things don't happen to me every day (or even every quarter =\ ), so when it does happen, I spazz out a bit.

After realising that the man asking me:
if this was the North Shore line?
if the next train goes to the North Sydney station?
what my name was
where I was from
was in fact trying to chat me up, I freaked out for a few seconds, and that is when the lying began. Normally, when I talk to strangers I lie anyway, I'm a little paranoid like that. My name is Priya. I'm from Sydney, born and bred Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie OI OI OI! After some time, I decided to take the story a little further as the questions started pouring in.

Are you married? 
Err... no? =\ (this is not a lie... I am not married and never have been :p)

Do you have a BF?
What is a BF...?

Uhm.. boyfriend.

HAHA! Erm no... but I do have a GF... :p

and then I started rattling on about my Jillymoo when his face slowly started falling in disbelief.

Wait. You are... a lesbian???
Well, since I'm not a cheater, I guess I am while I'm still with Jill :)

Poor guy. He probably knew I was lying... I'm a terrible liar. Well, that was lesbian moment no.1..

Later on, when on the bus, I heard a couple of people talking about Mardi Gras and how one of them got mistaken for a lesbian because she was marching as an ally in the LBGT parade. Such an eavesdropper, I know, but I do love observing people on buses :) So that was lesbian moment no.2.

Lesbian moment no. 3 actually involved spotting a couple at the train station.

And lesbian moment no.4: Today was the day I had the 'what if you found out your best friend was gay and wanted to 'get' with you?' conversation with Q.

Anyway... that's my VERY odd day out. I haven't even mentioned the typhoon-like thunderstorm and the getting stranded in a shopping mall because of said thunderstorm and the massive train delays that occurred because lightning hit the train tracks that caused me to get stuck in the train system for 2 hours. Ok they've been mentioned :) Now, on to the point of this post! Right after the jump :p
So, I'm not big on marriage. I'm not anti-marriage, but I don't really see the point (beyond tax relief and to alleviate pressure from conservative parents). That said, I've never had the fantasy wedding all planned out. Or the fantasy groom. But I have thought about wedding cake. And wedding shoes.

Now, I still have no clue what the wedding will be like, but I do know who the groom will be :D

This is Skandar Keynes. 


Real name: Alexander Amin Casper Keynes
Date of birth: 5 September 1991

If he looks familiar, it is probably because you, like me, have seen one (or all!) of the Chronicle of Narnia movies. He plays Edmund Pevensie, the bad guy who becomes good after overcoming the evil within (and eating Turkish Delight YUM!). While the Narnia movies were not impressive, simply because I love the books so much, I did have a tiny crush on Alex (I refuse to call him Skandar.. what kinda name is that anyway?!) when I watched Voyage of the Dawn Treader, the third instalment. At the time, I felt really guilty and perverted because I was under the impression that this young man was at least 5 years younger than me, but he's not ^^

So it really helps that he's easy on the eyes, but that's not good enough to upturn my views on marriage. So what is?

His maternal grandparents were Furugh Afnan and Cecil Fadlo Hourani, who was an advisor to the late Tunisian president Habib Bourguiba, as well as an author; Cecil Hourani is also the brother of Albert Hourani, a major historian of the Middle East. The Hourani family were immigrants to England from Marjeyoun in southern Lebanon.

On his father's side, Keynes is the grandson of physiologist Richard Keynes, the nephew of historian and Cambridge professor Simon Keynes, and the great-great-nephew of economist John Maynard Keynes.His great-great-great-grandfather was naturalist Charles Darwin. Keynes' great-grandparents were Nobel Prize laureate Edgar Adrian, 1st Baron Adrian and Hester Adrian, Baroness Adrian. -Wikipedia 
That little bit of text had my heart racing. It was love. Really. The kin of John Maynard Keynes AND Charles Darwin? AND a whole bunch of academics?!? Hubba hubba meowrrr.

The nerdy transformation has only just begun.

No comments: