Monday, March 12, 2012

There's so much more than empty conversations / Filled with empty words

Since the last post, I've been cutting down on Facebook and Skype by imposing a weekday Facebook ban and removing the automatic sign in function on Skype. So far, so good. No more withdrawal symptoms :) Increased dependence on Whatsapp and Twitter but with Facebook out of the way, I find myself being so much more productive!

Ezza was here last week. Such a beautiful couple of days :) I miss the amazing people I met at Warwick. After analysing too much, I've narrowed down some of the reasons I'm finding it hard to get along with people:

1. My expectations are really high. After meeting... and CLICKING with so many, it's hard when it doesn't work any more.
2. I'm all grown up. With set preferences and ideas, it's hard to understand what's going on in the minds of these kids who are still struggling to find themselves. OMG... I'm so old T_T
3. Unresolved trust issues. Go figure.

But these don't matter because I'm determined to be more open and less judgemental. Why waste the rest of uni life, right? :)

1 comment:

Mei-Fern Chong said...

Supporting you on your social media fast! I know I always feel liberated when I have prolonged time away from it all. And yes to not wasting the rest of uni life! =) Much love being sent your way. xx