***
So I've been tagged by two people to participate in a daily gratitude challenge for 5 days. Each day, I have to post 3 things I was grateful for each day and tag 3 people to participate in the challenge... kinda like paying it forward. I generally don't do these posts because Ia) feel like waaaaay too much personal info gets released into the Internet where all control you have over the information is lost (and yup, despite your security settings, FB is not as safe as you think-- Rule No. 1: never post anything you wouldn't mind the public/your mother knowing); and
b) have difficulties keeping these kind of posts short (a.k.a. I have verbal diarrhea); and
c) am the kind of person who expresses thankfulness instantaneously, but tends to forget by the end of the day
but after taking a while to think about it, I've decided that for these 5 days, I'll spill in the interest of mutual self discovery and personal reflection and also because the people who tagged me had the courage to put their own personal bites out there on the Internet.
OK lemme hop to it!
Things to be thankful for today:
1. Google. The amazing, beautiful, convenient search engine. I've used it more than 5 times today, but its most important application came this morning when I pulled up the blinds to discover a dead bird on my balcony. Poor thing had its head in a pool of blood and its wing was probably broken because the angle was really weird. I reckon the strong wind blew it straight into a wall :S Anyway, after getting over the initial shock, a quick Google search gave me the required knowledge to dispose of the bird properly (Don't touch with bare skin, double bag and dead knot, then dispose with regular garbage.) RIP lil birdy :(
2. Coles, for supplying ready made meals that don't taste too bad for when one has just disposed of a dead bird and has lost the will to cook.
3. A rainy, wintery, relatively productive day spent in the comfort of home under two duvets and a blanket. A much needed study sesh before a couple of tests next week. Can't believe I'm already in my third week of Masters!
That's all folks! Thank you to the original taggers. If you are a random reader who has happened to stumble upon my blog or an old friend returning for a looksee, I'm tagging YOU to participate and join me in this journey of self discovery and all that mushy stuff :p Remember the good old days of blog tags? :) AND if you've read up to here, well done! *hands you cookie*
No comments:
Post a Comment