Wednesday, June 01, 2011

All the leaves are brown.. And the sky is grey..

First day of Aussie winter!

It hasn't been as harsh as Warwick winters, but no one expected it to anyway :p Sitting around in shorts and a single layer WITHOUT the heating on... beat that :p The leaves are still green on some trees and there is no hope for snow. However, the weather has been a little scary the last couple of days.

Strong winds and torrential rain have caused floods and even a casualty. Waterspouts were spotted off Sydney. What's a waterspout?




That's a waterspout. Word sounds cute. Reality's not.


Honestly, I was more worried than I was ready to admit. With natural disasters occurring with increasing regularity worldwide, there's a constant feeling of vulnerability... a constant reminder about how fragile lives are and how easily lives can be lost.

***
This post was supposed to be about how my exams start next week and how the timetable I created on Monday has already been ditched after I fell back on the scheduled work. Hopefully, I won't get as sidetracked when I'm writing my exams as when I write these posts :p

No comments: