As mentioned before, I've started dancing by myself in the shower. Some people sing... I dance. The shower's actually a really conducive place to think... it's where I get my best ideas and if I'm confused about economic/statistical/mathematic concepts, more often than not, they get sorted out with a nice, warm shower.
Recently, I had an idea for a stage performance. Set to Mike Posner's 'Cooler Than Me', tutu-clad ballerinas en pointe appear on stage dancing really stiffly, controlled like robots. Oh, they're also wearing sunglasses, the skiing type sunglasses that block light from all sides OR the type that Agent Smith wears in The Matrix Triology. Then, the sunglasses fall off one of the ballerinas and she breaks off from the drone-like routine. She starts dancing like she's been freed, with gymnast ribbons. One-by-one, the ballerinas see the transformation of their freed comrades, and inspired, 'see the light', throw off their sunglasses, pull down their neat buns, shake it off and dance like joy-filled gazelles. By the end of the song, there's only one left, she tips her sunglasses and stares down the audience. Can you see it in your mind's eye? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment