But what is this 'home'?
It only starts feeling like home when the rest of my family is here, so I guess for me, home is where the heart is? Maybe.
On the way home, something odd happened. I was window shopping at the airport duty free after checking in, as usual. The last time I flew home, I scooped up a 2 for $25 deal on OPI nail polish. This time, the deal was still on and I couldn't resist. At first I tried to fight it, but these duty free sales people know how to play the game. There were at least three separate bins filled with bottles of the stuff. On top of that, there were at least 2 full proper colour coded displays and there's just something about colour gradients that ALWAYS gets me. I was drawn in like a moth to flame.
Luckily, my analytical brain kicked in and took over. If I was going to splash some cash for MORE nail polish, I was going to get nail polish that was indispensable. The first bottle HAD TO BE base coat, because my current base coat is utter garbage that mixes with the coloured nail polish coat and makes thick gross blobs which completely contradicts the point of base coat. The second bottle was very tough to choose. Referring to my previous wishlist post, there are A LOT of shades that I am lusting after, but I finally settled on this one:
Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous from the Swiss Collection
It's a gunmental grey with microglitter in it, so it's shiny ^^ It really reminds me off graphite pencils. Years and years of filling in OMR sheets for MCQ's gave a huge appreciation for pencils. I was devastated when I had to switch to writing with pens when I got to college, but back to the point.. I LOVE THIS NAIL POLISH (aside from the ridiculous name). Application was easy peasy lemon squeezy and it's day 2 and it hasn't chipped! Even without a top coat! :D This Swiss Collection is awesome. Soooo tempted to get Glitzerland (foily gold) and Diva of Geneva (berry purple- kinda reminds me of gummyberry juice... Gummy Bears anyone? :p) and Ski Teal We Drop (teal... duh) and William Tell Me About OPI (deep purple, like eggplant).
So after half an hour of deliberation between shades from the new Muppets collection (they are so shiny!!), Purple with a Purpose, Alpine Snow and practically all of the pinky/cream/peach 'safe' shades, I chose Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous because it was edgy and I see myself wearing it a lot :p Great colour to do layering or nail art with.
After making my purchase, I had another hour and a half to kill (yes, I got to the airport REALLY early) so I continued wandering around duty free. Somehow, I was met by the OPI bins at every turn.
and then it happened.
My sane brain switched off and my insane crazy reckless brain took over. All of a sudden I felt the urge to shoplift. The muppets collection was just so shiny and pretty and perfect! The bins were unguarded; no salespeople, no cameras, no alarm/barcode contraption to prevent stealing. All I had to do was saunter over and pick up a few bottles to stare at them... compare them... deliberate... and then slip into my pockets/ handbag. And if I was caught, all I'd have to do was show the previous receipt noting that I'd bought the polish before and I was simply exchanging the colours. The plan was brilliant.
And then thankfully sane analytical brain kicked in and made me realise that if I stole those polishes, I'd hate myself and I'd never wear the shades and karma would BITE ME IN THE ARSE. With exam results rolling around the corner, it would be disastrous.
Aiyaiyai I have a problem... I'm (almost) criminally addicted to nail polish =\ I pray I don't turn into one of these people.

1 comment:
:O Sasha you're naughty!
Only kidding. I have felt exactly the same shoplifting urges so many times it's disturbing. :( The mass looting earlier this year was horrific, but it's not surprising. Maybe if they didn't shove pictures of nice things into our visual fields every day whilst making it increasingly difficult for poorer people to get a career.. it wouldn't happen?? xx
Post a Comment