Rabbit-Proof Fence raised the hairs on the back of my neck... very, very touching. Despite what people say about the old days being simpler times, living in these days is so much easier. We take liberty for granted, so it's nice to have a reminder telling us how lucky we are once in a while.
Midnight in Paris was not what I expected it to be. It was better, and that's how I like it ;) Good memories of Paris were evoked.
One Day. Jim Sturgess is so devilishly handsome and charming I think I'm in love. The scene when he carries his sick mother upstairs was heartbreaking. And I don't care what people say, Anne Hathaway is a brilliant actress. I've loved her in every single role I've ever seen her in. She's beautiful and not one of those super skinny Hollywood actress types... She's.. real, ya know? The beautiful thing about this movie is that they have chemistry (and part of the movie was set in Paris... the rest in Edinburgh and parts of England.. all places I miss dearly). I think this movie might rise to the top of my favourites in the romance genre, knocking Notting Hill and Amelie out of the top spots (*GASP!*).
OK so I've just realised that most of my favourite movies of all time are set in either England or France. Hardwired. :)
Sam uploaded pics from last year yesterday and they have stirred up something in me... or maybe it's just that time of the month.


1 comment:
Passion opens the window into the soul...
Post a Comment